Do you want to understand, measure, and forecast how your product or service mitigates climate change?
In the context of the program ‘Deep Demonstration of a Circular, Regenerative and Low-Carbon Economy in Slovenia’, the Slovenian government in collaboration with EIT Climate-KIC, is working to enable the Slovenian start-up and enterprise-supporting community to activate circular business development and business model innovation by building a strong network of partners and climate-positive entrepreneurs.
As part of this, Slovene Enterprise Fund (SEF) and EIT Climate-KIC are collaborating to offer you a new programme, in which 10 start-ups, scale-ups or SMEs from different sectors will be able to participate during 2023.
- Built Environment sector: 5 startups, scale-ups or SMEs: March – July 2023.
The Built Environment sector is about the design, construction and management of our human-made surroundings. Priority areas: Eco / circular design & nature-based-solutions construction materials, re-use / adapt infrastructure, construction waste materials & secondary materials.
- Food & Agriculture sector: 5 startups, scale-ups or SMEs: May – October 2023
The Food & Agriculture sector includes the production of food and land-use activities in Agriculture. Priority areas: Food production, Organic Agriculture (animal, fruit, vegetables), sustainable land use, sustainable and local food processing, food waste.
We will help you understand, measure, and forecast how your product or service mitigates climate change. 10 companies will be selected for this programme based on the eligibility criteria (see below).
The programme will be delivered in English, through one (1) in-person workshop in Ljubljana in March 2023 (last week) for the Built Environment sector and one (1) in-person workshop in May 2023 (date to be confirmed) for the Food & Agriculture sector, and through online coaching sessions with recognized experts after the workshop.
Are you interested? Apply here until 10.3.2023!
What’s in it for you?
- During the programme you will be working directly with climate and life-cycle-assessment experts and you will be supported with tools, methodologies and through coaching to help you understand, measure, and forecast the CO2 emissions of your product or service innovation and compare them to the business-as-usual solution.
- Step 1: You will get to understand the basic concepts of climate mitigation impact. Through one in-person workshop (7 hours) you will, as a first step develop a climate impact hypothesis of your key product or service. During the workshop you will be able to turn your climate impact hypothesis into a more detailed forecast.
- Step 2: Each start-up benefits from one hour of online coaching support from an impact advisor who helps to improve the calculations and advises the start-up how to best communicate its impact with the Climate Impact Framework tool.
- Step 3: At the end of this programme, you will get the climate mitigation impact in CO2 eq. of one of your key products or service innovations validated and certified.
- Step 4: You will receive the certification in form of a digital report, which you can use to show investors, customers, suppliers, and your community how your product or service innovation mitigates climate change.
Participation in the program is free of charge.
Who can apply? Eligibility criteria:
- Startups, scale-ups or SMEs based in Slovenia
- Maturity level: Formally registered company
- Start-ups, scale-ups or SMEs from the Built Environment sector or the Food & Agriculture sector
- Have a breakthrough product, service and/or business model, exponential technology or solution with substantial climate impact (enabling, mitigation or adaptation).
- Availability to participate in the in-person workshop in Ljubljana (7 hours) and online coaching session.
How to apply?
To apply for this programme please fill out the application form that you can find here.
Applications are open until the 10th of March 2023 midnight CET.
Do you have any questions?
Please take a look at the videos of these sample start-ups who have already completed the Climate Impact Forecast with us:
- BRILL POWER: https://lnkd.in/ezh_XakQ
- SOILSTEAM: https://lnkd.in/eDANMCEs
- REBEL MEAT: https://lnkd.in/e–u2ftg
If you have questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
EIT Climate-KIC is the EU’s climate innovation initiative, working to accelerate the transition to a zero-carbon and resilient world by enabling systems transformation. Headquartered in Amsterdam, it operates from 13 hubs across Europe and is active in 39 countries.
Building on the 12-year track record of EIT Climate-KIC supporting climate innovations and building green support ecosystems we will introduce the notion of emissions forecasting or climate impact projections alongside third-party validations to support start-ups, scale-ups and/or SMEs in Slovenia, to understand the climate impact projections of their innovations and help them design sustainable and impactful business models.
Find out more at www.climate-kic.org